Managed Care Online Text-based Home Course (2 CE)
Managed care is an important aspect of many therapist’s practice.
This text clarifies many of the issues related to working with managed care companies, including the general operations and intentions of managed care, different models of managed care, and the implications of managed care on client care.
Legal and ethical considerations are discussed because working with managed care challenges typical assumptions about confidentiality, dual relationships and duration of care.
This course also provides information that assists therapists in making the choice to work on a managed care panel, with the administrative and ethical consequences thereof.
Authors: Maureen Nathan, M.A., LMFT, Jodi Blackley, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Have an overview of the nature of managed care.
- Obtain an understanding of different models of managed care.
- Gain an understanding of the legal and ethical considerations particular to managed care.
- Understand the administrative aspects of working with managed care.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.