4-Hour CE Depression: Assessment and Treatment Online Video Course
This 4-hour video course consisting of 10 sections addresses the following topics:
• The nature and prevalence of depression
• DSM-5 criteria for Bipolar-Related Disorders and Depressive Disorders
• The manifestation of depressive symptoms in men and women
• Depression assessment techniques
• The effect of behavior and thinking on depression
• Cognitive-behavioral treatment of depression
• Client treatment non-compliance
• A problem-solving approach to depression
• Depression and insomnia
• Adolescent depression and treatment
• Video with accompanying powerpoint and handouts
• Focus questions and rationales follow video sections to highlight and enhance the retention of information.
• Vignettes are utilized for class discussion and application of the presented concepts.
Principal Faculty and Credentials:
Pam Sirota, Psy.D., LMFT
Target Audience: LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Substance Abuse Counselors, Nurses, and Mental Health Practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between Seasonal Affective Disorder, Bipolar Depression, Chronic Depression and other depressive. disorders.
- Analyze the causes of depression with a special emphasis on exogenous and endogenous factors.
- Compare three evidence-based treatment modalities recommended for clients diagnosed with depressive disorders.
- Utilize five simple interventions to treat clients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
- Summarize some of the consequences of untreated depression including the dangers of depression co-occurring with drug and/or alcohol abuse.
Pam has a private practice in West Los Angeles and Encino specializing in social skills groups, family issues, children and adolescents, grief support, and parenting. Her extensive experience as a special education teacher and pre-school director makes her an ideal instructor. She has been working as a private GGS tutor since becoming licensed in 2005. Pam has received her doctorate as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.