7-Hour CE Child Abuse Video Course
Almost all mental health professionals, regardless of their work settings, will at some point in their career encounter child abuse or neglect situations. By law, mental health professionals are mandated to report suspected child abuse and neglect. There is a wide range of issues pertaining to child abuse/neglect intervention, which includes identification, assessment, reporting, and treatment. For these reasons, it is critical that mental health professionals be informed about the principles and strategies helpful in these areas.
This video covers historical perspectives, an overview, four types of child abuse, therapist's responses (including reporting, assessment, and therapy), and issues of countertransference.
Principal Faculty and Credentials:
Pam Sirota, Psy.D., LMFT
Target Audience: LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Substance Abuse Counselors, Nurses, and Mental Health Practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and clinically assess for the four types of child abuse: physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect.
- Utilize appropriate methods and skills for counseling children and their families in cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify and apply legal and ethical considerations with regard to mandated reporting duties for suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Demonstrate knowledge about treatment issues and specialized interventions for specific intrapersonal, interpersonal, and developmental issues associated with child abuse.
- Recognize countertransferential reactions with cases of child abuse and how to obtain appropriate professional guidance and support.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|