36-Hour CE Suite Video Course
Law and Ethics
A thorough understanding of current laws and ethical standards pertaining to psychotherapy is critical for therapists. This video presents a comprehensive and up-to-date information specific to recently enacted legislation as it pertains to mental health professionals in California. It also includes an overview of issues such as privilege and confidentiality, danger to self or others, treatment of minors, mandated responsibilities, telehealth, health insurance and private practice, and other legal issues related to mental health practice. Recent changes in the law are highlighted.
Instructor: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory to Advanced; MFTs, Social Workers, Counselors.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess and manage legal responsibilities pertaining to both mandated and permitted exceptions.
- Assess and manage ethical responsibilities including dual relationships, establishing and maintaining clinical boundaries, managing countertransference, and engaging the client in the informed consent process.
- Maintain a standard of care to protect against charges of criminal, civil, and ethical wrongdoing.
- Describe how to consult to better uphold legal and ethical responsibilities.
Core Mindfulness and Anxiety
This workshop integrates key concepts of mindfulness-based theory from Eastern Zen philosophy, Western Contemplative practices, Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, as well as Dr. Marsha Linehan’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy - not simply to treat anxiety disorders, but to help clients reconstruct a non-pathologizing life narrative. Core mindfulness skills such as non-judgmental self-observation, radical acceptance, balancing emotion mind with reasonable mind, nonattachment to thoughts and feelings, meditative practices, participating in reality in the moment, and affect regulation training are addressed. Practical, clinically applicable experiential exercises and case illustrations are included.
Depression: Assessment & Treatment
The Role of Humor in Psychotherapy
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|