5-Hour CE DSM-5 Online Video Course
With this video course, students will obtain an online education on DSM-5. The course consists of 18 segments with each segment followed by a focus quiz to demonstrate student understanding. Each segment consists of 10-20 minutes of instruction on several of the classifications of the DSM-5. The course includes a printable file of 26 DSM-5 classification charts for use during the video and in clinical practice. Rocio ("Cio) Hernandez, LMFT, LPCC, uses her engaging teaching style and broad field experience to provide timely and culturally relevant ways to use DSM-5.
Principal Faculty and Credentials:
Gerry Grossman, MA, LMFT
Nancy Klein, MA, LMFT
Rocio Elisa Hernandez, MS, LMFT, LPCC
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., text rev.). Washington, DC: Author.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List DSM-5 new diagnoses, new diagnostic criteria, and classifications.
- Identify how previous diagnoses have been renamed, revised and reclassified in the DSM-5.
- Apply their understanding of the DSM-5 to assessments and diagnosis in complex psychosocial contexts.
- Explain the cultural, theoretical and practical implications of the diagnostic revisions and additions.
Dr. Cio Hernández is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and Marriage Family Therapist in California and Hawaii. She received her doctorate from UC Davis in Health Care leadership, where she designed an app to reduce test-taking anxiety. In her clinical practice, Cio specializes in psychological evaluations for Immigration, childhood development, adolescent sexual assault, family violence prevention, and offers EMDR Therapy to replace haunting memories with a new outlook on life. Dr. Hernández is a member of the Institutional Review Board for the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute. She is the founder of the Marin Latino Health Policy Partnership and recently published Viva Marin: Latino Health Policy, Data, and Action Guide. After serving 9 years for the Marin First 5 Commission, Cio has joined the Contra Costa First 5 Commission. Cio has also served as a Public Information Officer on the Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services Emergency Management Team. Most importantly, Cio is a mom of a 19-year-old son who is studying at Seattle University.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.