Crisis Management Text-based Home Course (7 CE)
People of all ages, cultures and backgrounds can experience a crisis at some point in their lives, brought on by a variety of situations. Crisis situations are new, unpredictable obstacles that seem insurmountable and are psychologically paralyzing. Whether situational or developmental, crises catch a person unprepared and lacking a ready response.
This course contains an overview of a variety of crisis issues, such as violent people, violence within the family, child abuse, intimate partner abuse, dependent and elder abuse, and rape. Treatment strategies and techniques are presented for each of the aforementioned subjects. Also discussed are issues regarding hospitalization and involuntary confinement, as well as legal and ethical issues to consider in a crisis.
Author: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a person in crisis, the goals of crisis intervention and the mental health provider's considerations of treatment, including legal and ethical issues.
- Utilize appropriate techniques and follow appropriate mandates for a range of crisis situations, including domestic violence, child abuse, rape, dependent adult and elder abuse and working with violent people.
- Identify the psychological profiles for a range of victims: Child abuse, males and females victimized by domestic violence, elders and dependent adults, and rape survivors.
- Follow protocol for hospitalization, if necessary.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Pre-licensure requirements:
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|