2-Hour CE Managed Care Video Course
Managed care is an important aspect of many therapists' practice. This video course, featuring Dr. Patti Patton, clarifies many of the issues related to working with managed care companies, such as treatment philosophy, approaches and process, as well as current trends in managed care and a look at the future of mental health care delivery.
Principal Faculty and Credentials:
Patricia Patton-Lehn, Ph.D.
Kongstvedt, P. (2009). Managed Care: What it is and how it works (Managed Care handbook) (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
Reich, L. & Kolbasovsky, A. (2006). Mental Health provider’s guide to Managed Care: Industry insiders reveal how to successfully participate and profit in today’s system. New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Co.
Nelson, J. L. (Ed.). (2003). Rationing sanity: Ethical issues in Managed Mental Health Care (Hastings Center Studies in Ethics). Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press.
Ellison, J. M. (Ed.). (2001). Treatment of suicidal patients in Managed Care. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press, Inc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current philosophy and operations behind managed care in general.
- Identify which treatment models are most appropriate for managed care clients.
- Navigate the ethical dilemmas, legal requirements, appeal processes and billing procedures for most managed care insurers.
- Decide if working on a managed care panel meets professional needs.
Patti is a clinical psychologist (PSY 13266) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC 27419). She created such Gerry Grossman Seminars Continuing Education courses as Domestic Violence, Anxiety Disorders and Anger Management. She was also instrumental in the development of the Gerry Grossman Seminars BBS exam prep courses for LCSW candidates, and continues to teach those courses.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.