Clinical Supervision Online Text-based Home Course (6 CE)
This course provides an overview of current 2020 regulations and procedures pertaining to supervision as well as the more subtle challenges a supervisor faces that sometimes cause difficulty in the complex supervisor, supervisee, and patient relationship.
The topics covered include:
• An up-to-date review of the laws and regulations pertaining to supervisors.
• An explanation of the current BBS Experience Verification forms.
• Techniques to foster growth in trainees and associates.
• Ways to adequately assess what is occurring in a supervisee’s sessions.
• Strategies to assess for a supervisee's “blindspots” and protect your license.
• Recordkeeping: how it protects you and how it impacts supervision.
• How to hire quality trainees and associates.
• Common dilemmas & strategies for difficult situations in supervision.
Author: Samantha Deming, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use current supervision forms.
- Avoid liability with appropriate documentation and direction of supervisees.
- Utilize techniques that enhance the development of the supervisee and supervisor.
- Use appropriate strategies for problematic supervisees.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.