Forgiveness Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
Many clients struggle for years with unresolved issues of anger, resentments, and bitterness, yet few practitioners have been specifically trained in forgiveness therapy. Forgiveness remains one of the most misunderstood of psychological dynamics, not just for clients, but also for some therapists. This course presents some different conceptualizations of forgiveness and misunderstandings (e.g., forgiveness is forgetting) that prevent people from being able to forgive. Models of forgiveness therapy are also described, with the objective of finding meaning in the struggle to forgive and developing personal techniques for refuge and healing.
Author: Patricia Patton-Lehn, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Help clients distinguish between authentic forgiveness from “pseudo-forgiveness.”
- Choose from a conceptualization of forgiveness appropriate to the client's needs and the situation.
- Educate and support clients through the processes of forgiveness therapy.
- Assist clients in building a skill set for sustaining their own healing process.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|