Borderline Personality Disorder Text-based Home Course (6 CE)
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is one of the most prevalent and most widely researched of all the personality disorders, yet it remains the most controversial with regard to diagnosing, treating, dealing with liability issues and high risk behaviors, and countertransference. In this workshop, participants will gain a more comprehensive and realistic understanding of the etiology and dynamics of Borderline personality, including childhood attachment issues. Assessment information will be presented, in addition to differential diagnoses, dual diagnoses and common co-morbid disorders. Treatment models will include a range of approaches, with a special emphasis on problem-solving techniques, social skills training, core mindfulness, and case management strategies using DBT.
Author: Patricia Patton, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess for Borderline Personality Disorder using appropriate clinical criteria and distinguish it from Borderline characteristics.
- Identify the various etiologies and early familial dynamics of BPD.
- Examine the dynamics of differential diagnoses, co-occurring diagnoses, and co-morbid disorders as related to BPD.
- Work more effectively with BPD by using a variety of clinically-based therapeutic interventions, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Explore assessment and treatment issues for Borderline Personality Disorder with suicidal ideation and self-injurious behavior.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|