Suicide Risk Assessment and Interventions - Live Online (6 CE)
This Live Online course takes a comprehensive look at suicide; current statistics, risk factors, effective assessment and research supported treatment strategies that reduce the odds of suicide. Contemporary trends in suicidal behaviors, high risk populations, and assessment protocols will be reviewed citing current research data to ensure attendees have the most up-to-date information on suicide. This course also reviews treatment interventions and the Standard of Care for all stages of suicidality, immediate crisis management, stabilization, and on-going treatment. It includes information regarding interventions for high-risk populations, including the highest risk group, individuals with past attempts. This thoughtfully paced diverse course with robust examples is designed to help attendees feel more confident and knowledgeable when faced with suicidal clients in the future.
This course is designed for mental health professionals and fulfills the mandatory 6-unit, one-time requirement from the California Board of Behavioral Science for: All LMFT, LCSW, LEP, or LPCCs renewing their license on or after January 1, 2021. Associates applying for a LMFT, LCSW, LEP or LPCC license on or after January 1, 2021.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify relevant risk factors that can lead to suicide.
- Learn how you can best assess clients for the risk of suicide.
- Review the standard of care when managing a suicidal client.
- Highlight ALL stages of treating suicidal clients , immediate crisis management, stabilization, and on-going treatment.
- Review Evidence-Based treatment strategies shown to be successful.
- Identify specific interventions that will enhance your practice and confidence when managing suicidal clients in the future.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|