DSM-5 Text-based Home Course (6 CE) - Printed Version
DSM-5 revised for 2013 has reconceptualized mental disorders with a broader view of the diagnostic process: Age of onset for most disorders are eliminated, making diagnoses possible across the entire lifespan. The category of "NOS" has been eliminated and replaced by specific subsyndromal conditions so that below-threshold presentations can be coded and treated. In addition, classifications and diagnoses have been added, revised or eliminated to reflect current research and clinical practice. A number of new V-codes have been added to reflect complexity of psychosocial circumstances of today's clients. In this course, participants will learn the new categories of disorders as well as all of the new diagnoses added in 2013. They will also learn which diagnoses have been revised, renamed, and reclassified. The course also highlights some of the more common disorders and classifications which have been altered, so that therapists can make use of the new manual immediately.
Authors: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LMFT, Nancy Klein, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
(Course includes category and accompanying diagnoses charts, study focus questions, 13 diagnostic practice vignettes, and easy-to-navigate summaries of diagnostic criteria.)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize DSM-5 new diagnoses, new diagnostic criteria, and classifications.
- Identify how previous diagnoses have been renamed, revised and reclassified in the DSM-5.
- Apply their understanding of the DSM-5 to assessments and diagnosis in complex psychosocial contexts.
- Explain the cultural, theoretical and practical implications of the diagnostic revisions and additions.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|