Clinical Supervision - Live Online (6 CE)
Clinical Supervision: Avoid Pitfalls and Maintain Legal, Ethical Supervision
This Live Online course will provide an overview of the basic regulations and procedures surrounding supervision as well as the more subtle challenges a supervisor faces that sometimes cause trouble in the complex supervisor, supervisee, and patient relationship.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Summarize current laws and regulations pertaining to supervisors.
- Complete the current Supervisor Responsibility Forms for MFT Associates/trainees, Social Work Associates, and Professional Counselor Associates.
- List the requirements for having an associate as a volunteer and/or paid employee.
- Employ new assessment skills and reduce common errors in communication, confidentiality, dual relationships and boundaries.
- Explain how informed consent for both supervisees and clients helps ensure legal and ethical treatment and creates an additional factor to protect supervisors from vicarious liability.
- Summarize the Developmental Process a trainee/associate experiences while receiving supervision and gathering hours toward licensure.
- Identify a variety of strategies to increase effectiveness with trainees/associates in supervision.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|