Borderline Personality Disorder - Live Online (6 CE)
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is one of the most prevalent and most widely researched of all the personality disorders, yet it remains the most controversial with regard to diagnosing, treating, dealing with liability issues and high risk behaviors, and countertransference. In this Live Online workshop, participants will gain a more comprehensive and realistic understanding of the etiology and dynamics of Borderline personality, including childhood attachment issues. Assessment information will be presented, in addition to differential diagnoses, dual diagnoses and common co-morbid disorders. Treatment models will include a range of approaches, with a special emphasis on problem solving techniques, social skills training, core mindfulness, and case management strategies using DBT.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess for Borderline Personality Disorder using appropriate clinical criteria and distinguish it from Borderline characteristics.
- Identify the various etiologies and early familial dynamics of BPD.
- Examine the dynamics of differential diagnoses, dual diagnoses, and co-morbid disorders as related to BPD.
- Work more effectively with BPD by using a variety of clinically-based therapeutic interventions, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Explore assessment and treatment issues for Borderline Personality Disorder with suicidal ideation and self-injurious behavior.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|