Therapy with Young Children Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
This overview provides information for any mental health professional preparing to work with young children and their families. It discusses child development, attachment theory, assessment, and several treatment approaches, including interventions and procedures to help parents attune to their children to form the healthy, secure attachments research demonstrates is critical for lifelong relational and mental health.
Authors: Myisha Driver, MA, LMFT, Gerry Grossman, MA, LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how the basic psychological needs and styles of young children are expressed.
- Make accurate diagnoses based upon a variety of assessment techniques.
- Develop treatment planning appropriate to the clinical presentation of disorder(s).
- Utilize interventions suited to the child's diagnosis as well as unique attachment needs, temperament, and emotional self-regulation skills.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.