The Role of Humor in Psychotherapy Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
Author: Andrew Teton, MA, LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how humor can be used as a diagnostic tool and intervention to improve cognitive and emotional functioning.
- Identify clients for whom humor would be ineffective or counterproductive.
- Assess for the “pathological” use of humor by clients; identify unhealthy targets of humor.
- Assess for therapist-based limitations of humor: e.g., unmanaged countertransference, using humor too soon, not client-centered.
- Describe the benefits of humor as applied to special clients, such as groups, veterans, etc.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.