Self-Injurious Clients Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
Author: Patricia Patton, Ph.D, Lesli Johnson, MA, LMFT, Jodi Blackley, MS, LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize symptoms and coping mechanisms of self-injurious clients.
- Distinguish between forms of self-injurious behaviors within the context of various mental disorders, including eating disorders, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Differentiate between common misconceptions and actualities of self-harm.
- Assess for and determine the severity of the symptoms of self-injurious behavior.
- Utilize various forms of therapy for treating self-injurious clients, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Kharre’s Self-Injury Coping Guidelines.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.