Providing Internet Safety for Our Youth Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
Internet crimes against children are one of the fastest growing fields of law enforcement in the new century. This workshop will explore common uses of the internet as well as the types of internet risks to which children may be exposed. Some tools for prevention are described to assist therapists in guiding parents and children in ways to protect themselves.
Authors: Anna Treves, MSW, LCSW, Jazmin Zane, MSW, LCSW
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide parents and children tools for internet safety
- Provide clients with information about the types of risks, abuse and harm to which children are exposed.
- Educate and provide resources to clients for internet safety tips and prevention of harm.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.