Prescription Drug Abuse Online Text-based Home Course (2 CE)
Children at younger and younger ages are being prescribed medications for illnesses such as AD/HD and depression, and more and more adults are taking prescription drugs for legitimate purposes such as pain management and mood disorders. Any stigma surrounding prescription drug use is almost non-existent. As a result, the number of non-medical prescription drug users has reached epidemic levels. It is important for clinicians to understand symptoms associated with different types of prescription drugs, and also be able to accurately assess prescription drug abuse.
This presentation will categorize and discuss the most commonly abused prescription drugs, as well as current beliefs regarding prescription drug abuse and the demographics most at risk for developing a prescription drug problem. This presentation will finish with treatment plans and preventative measures for prescription drub abuse.
Author: Nancy Klein, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe current trends and statistics about prescription drug abuse.
- Distinguish between different types of prescription drugs with their uses and symptoms.
- Explain how prescription drugs affect different demographics.
- Suggest appropriate treatment options for prescription drug abusers.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
- NAADAC: This course has been approved by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals. Gerry Grossman Seminars is a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, #240524.
- CCAPP: Gerry Grossman Seminars is approved by CCAPP, Provider Number 2N-08-123-0524.