Opioid Abuse Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
Opioid use has surpassed heroin as the leading cause of overdose deaths in the United States. As a result, it is incumbent for a mental health practitioner to be able to recognize the signs of opioid abuse and addiction and know how to address these conditions in their clients.
This text provides the reader with a clear description of how opioids function, their history and rise to prominence in American society, their effects on human biology, and the possible methods by which a mental health provider can assist a client and their families grappling with opioid abuse and addiction. The text covers DSM-5 criteria, and the indicators of tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal. Also addressed is the topic of opioid users and their involvement in the criminal justice system, which includes prisons and jails, court-referred drug treatment programs, and mental health courts.
Authors: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LMFT, Jorid Nygard, M.A., LMFT, Ana Treves, M.S.W., LCSW, Kat Foley, M.A., MPH
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the origins of the opioid epidemic and the current public health consequences related to opioid abuse.
- Identify common opioids and the physical and neurological effects that their use has on the human body.
- Distinguish between different types of opioid-related diagnoses and understand the criteria for each diagnosis.
- Utilize assessment techniques and identify screening instruments for opioid abuse.
- Apply different treatment modalities, including implementing therapeutic approaches and providing appropriate referrals.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|