Narcissistic Personality Disorder Text-based Home Course (6 CE)
This course is designed to provide a multifaceted exploration of assessment, developmental, relational and treatment dynamics with regard to Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Self-defeating and destructive narcissistic attitudes and patterns will be reviewed, including the roles of grandiose fantasies, narcissistic wounds, shame, envy and rage. Dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-occurring disorders will be discussed in relation to NPD. Treatment dynamics and therapeutic implications will be presented to address narcissistic issues more effectively. Prevailing sociological issues will be discussed including narcissism and gender, fame, and the workplace. Illustrative case examples enliven the learning process and enhance the acquisition of therapeutic skills.
Author: Patricia-Patton-Lehn, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between healthy and pathological narcissism, and assess for and identify Narcissistic Personality Disorder, including various typologies of narcissism.
- Assist clients coping with the self-defeating and destructive patterns of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Examine the dynamics of dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-morbid disorders in relation to NPD.
- Communicate more effectively with clients exhibiting narcissistic behaviors.
- Explore the impact of prevailing sociological issues such as gender roles, fame and workplace dynamics.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|