Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Live Online (6 CE)
Most psychotherapists would agree that one of the most challenging of all disorders to address is Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). This workshop provides attendees with a Psychodynamic presentation of developmental and relational theories associated with this complex disorder, including issues of shame, envy, rage, guilt, and depression in addition to various concomitant behaviors. Topics to be addressed include establishing and maintaining the holding environment, assessing the impact of narcissistic injuries, NPD and dual diagnosis, management of symptoms in contrast with treatment approaches, prevailing social issues, narcissists and family members, couple’s dynamics, and transference and counter transference.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between healthy and pathological narcissism, and assess for and identify Narcissistic Personality Disorder, including various typologies of narcissism.
- Understand the self-defeating and destructive patterns of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Examine the dynamics of dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-morbid disorders in relation to NPD.
- Learn to work more effectively with narcissistic issues.
- Explore the impact of prevailing sociological issues such as gender roles, fame and workplace dynamics.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|