Mental Status Exam Text-based Home Course (1 CE) - Printed Version
Using the mental status exam provides a rapid, subjective description of the client’s current mental functioning, and is useful in developing a diagnosis and treatment plan. This guide includes an overview of the types of data gathered using a mental status exam, as well as methods for collecting the information. It also includes a detailed analysis of each of the traditional categories evaluated using this tool, as well as a sample mental status exam.
Authors: M. Lynn Becker, Ph.D, Steven Felix, M.A.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the appropriate application and objectives of the Mental Status Exam.
- Introduce the Mental Status Exam to clients so that they are educated and consent to its use.
- Interpret and communicate the results of the Mental Status Exam.
- Utilize the Mental Status Exam in treatment planning.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Printed Materials|