Law and Ethics - Live Online (6 CE)
This live, instructor-led online course, presented via Zoom Meeting, provides a thorough understanding of current laws and ethical standards pertaining to psychotherapy is critical for therapists. This course, complete with an engaging PowerPoint presentation, will present a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of issues such as privilege and confidentiality, danger to self or others, treatment of minors, mandated responsibilities, information about CARE courts, the No Surprises Act, the Mental Health Access Improvement Act, and other legal issues related to MFT and LCSW practice.
INCLUDES 2023 LAW & ETHICS TEXTBOOK
Workshop participants receive the GGS comprehensive Law & Ethics book as well as the class handouts and powerpoint.
MFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, LEPs. Level: Intermediate.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess and manage legal responsibilities pertaining to both mandated and permitted exceptions.
- Assess and manage ethical responsibilities including dual relationships, establishing and maintaining clinical boundaries, managing countertransference, and engaging the client in the informed consent process.
- Maintain a standard of care to protect against charges of criminal, civil, and ethical wrongdoing.
- Describe how to consult to better uphold legal and ethical responsibilities.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
- All 6 hours of Law and Ethics required for California LMFTs
- All 6 hours of Law and Ethics required for California LCSWs
- All 6 hours of Law and Ethics required for California LPCCs
- All 6 hours of Law and Ethics required for California LEPs
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|