Issues with Aging Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
As the population ages, therapists are increasingly finding themselves dealing with the many challenges faced by older adults and the often conflicting issues of their adult children. This comprehensive course provides in-depth knowledge of specific issues related to seniors such as grief and loss, health issues, sexuality and conservatorship, as well as the broader areas of psychotherapy with seniors and elder abuse. Techniques for assessment and treatment planning are included.
Authors: Tima Ivanova, M.A., LMFT, Patricia Patton, Ph.D., Nancy Klein, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define a range of psychosocial issues confronting seniors.
- Define a range of medical and legal issues confronting seniors.
- Develop and adjust treatment plans to meet the needs of seniors.
- List and describe the legal mandates related to elder abuse.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Pre-licensure requirements:
- 3 hours toward the 10 hours of Aging and Long-Term Care required for California LMFT candidates
- 3 hours toward the 10 hours of Aging and Long-Term Care required for California LCSW candidates
- 3 hours toward the 10 hours of Aging and Long Term Care required for California LPCC candidates
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.