Human Sexuality Text-based Home Course (10 CE) - Printed Version
Clients often present with concerns about their sexuality, but this area may be difficult to discuss for both the therapist and the client. This curriculum provides a thorough review of historical perspectives, physical aspects of sexuality, and typical clinical issues among men and women. Definitions of sexual disorders are discussed from a psychosocial and diagnostic perspective. Issues related to sexual abuse in children and rape are discussed. This course also includes issues related to social definitions of gender (i.e., notions of masculinity and femininity) and their impact on personal identity, marriage and feminist-informed therapy. Issues pertinent to "nonconventional" forms of sex and sexual identity are also described, including issues related to the LGBT community and nonmonogamy.
Authors: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LMFT, Melanie Haro, M.A., LMFT, Kristen Hudson, M.A., LMFT, Nancy Klein, M.A., LMFT, Mary Ella Viehe, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic information related to male and female sexual anatomy and response.
- Assess and diagnose common clinical sexual problems and addiction.
- Identify the issues related to sexual violence for both victims and perpetrators.
- Integrate sociopolitical issues related gender, sexual orientation and alternative sexual practices into treatment planning.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Pre-licensure requirements:
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Printed Materials|