Human Growth and Development Online Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
Understanding the developmental level of a client can be key in helping the therapist to provide effective treatment. This presentation offers an in-depth review of significant theories of human development, attachment and bonding, as well development in the areas of language, cognitive ability, personality and social interaction.
Developmental milestones are detailed to help in the assessment of a client's clinical presentation. Strategies for assessment, DSM-5 diagnosis, and treatment of infants, children, and adolescents are also included.
Author: Michelle Barone-Bush, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify a range of developmental domains which may affect a client of any age.
- Name important developmental milestones important to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of children.
- Know the DSM-5 criteria for diagnosing disorders which tend to impact children and adolescents.
- Integrate models of human development into treatment goals and planning.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.