Histrionic Personality Disorder Text-based Course (6 CE)
Captivatingly dramatic, bubbling with enthusiasm, tingling with sexual excitement, and sometimes tragically heartbreaking … this may sound like a description of the latest reality TV show, but it also describes many characteristics of Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD). In spite of its familiar feel, there is much confusion and controversy among professionals about the etiology, conceptual dynamics, and treatment of HPD.
This presentation is designed to provide a multifaceted exploration of assessment, DSM-5 diagnosis, developmental, relational and social factors related to HPD. Dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-occurring disorders will be covered in relation to HPD. Treatment dynamics and therapeutic implications will be presented along with a variety of treatment models and countertransference issues. Prevailing sociological issues will be set forth including the impact of social networking sites and the public’s “adoration” of celebrities and fame. Illustrative case examples enliven the learning process and enhance the acquisition of therapeutic skills.
Author: Patricia Patton-Lehn, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess for and identify Histrionic Personality Disorder using a variety of techniques.
- Understand the developmental and social correlates with HPD.
- Examine the dynamics of dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-morbid disorders in relation to HPD.
- Learn how to work effectively with histrionic issues.
- Select and integrate treatment models suited to the client.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|