Effects of Divorce and Remarriage on Children Online Text-based Home Course (1 CE)
Therapists often need to help children understand and cope with divorce. This course provides a comprehensive look at the impact of divorce on children by developmental stage and the parenting challenges which evolve with a child's development in the context of divorce. It includes treatment interventions specific to parents, to children, and to blended or step-families.
Authors: Judith Glass, Ph.D., Erin King-West, M.A., LMFT, Nancy Klein, M.A., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the general parenting issues that arise as a result of divorce.
- Describe the general effects of divorce on children.
- Identify the issues and associated interventions based upon the child's age and development.
- Tailor treatment planning for the particular family unit that comes for treatment: biological parent(s), children, step-families, blended families, step-siblings.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.