Domestic Violence - Live Online (7 CE)
Providing for client safety is a critical concern for therapy. This live online workshop focuses on the assessment and management of domestic violence. It includes sections on intimate partner abuse, distinctions between male and female batterers, and ethical and legal concerns as well as cross-cultural and same-gender partner abuse issues.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize common typologies of batterers.
- Measure the severity of abuse in cases of physical, emotional, verbal, and sexual abuse.
- Enact strategies to empower clients to stop the cycle of domestic violence and/or to extricate themselves from situations of domestic abuse.
- Better communicate with colleagues and clients regarding myth vs. reality of domestic abuse and about the recent history of measures to counteract domestic abuse in the United States.
- Address human diversity issues concerning domestic violence.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs, Workshops|