Distressed Couples Online Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
Different treatment models are explored including Behavioral Couples Therapy, Couples Coping Enhancement Training, Minimal Marital Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Insight-Oriented Marital Therapy, and Integrative Couples Therapy. Specific marital issues that are focused on are infidelity, addictive behaviors, chronic illness, depression, HIV/AIDS, and domestic violence.
Author: Mary Ella Viehe, Ph.D., LMFT
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the psychological and behavioral factors that contribute to distress in couples.
- Identify the difficulties of working with distressed couples and know how to establish appropriate goals.
- Integrate a range of couples' therapy models that focus on emotional, behavioral, and insight-oriented approaches.
- Adjust the therapeutic model and goals to typical couples' presenting issues.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.