Core Mindfulness and Anxiety Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
For many years, cognitive-behavior therapy techniques have been almost exclusively utilized in the treatment of anxiety disorders. More recently, however, core mindfulness strategies that are rooted in Eastern spiritual and psychological practices have been applied to the treatment of various anxiety disorders and are often used in conjunction with cognitive-behavior therapy and acceptance-based techniques. This course is intended to increase and enhance participants’ knowledge of core mindfulness as related to the treatment of anxiety. Three specific methods will be reviewed: Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills training, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Treatment models for Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, and child and adolescent anxiety disorders are presented. Illustrative case examples enhance the learning experience.
Author: Patricia Patton-Lehn, Ph.D.
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify historical antecedents and a clinical definition of core mindfulness, as well as its application in psychotherapy.
- Apply Dialectical Behavior Therapy’s (DBT) Core Mindfulness Skills to the treatment of anxiety.
- Utilize the various therapeutic applications of Jon Kabbat-ZInn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program in relation to treat anxiety.
- Integrate treatment strategies from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness to treat Anxiety Disorders.
- Understand treatment models for Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, and child and adolescent anxiety disorders.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|