Clinical Supervision: Solution Focused Perspective Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
Solution-focused supervision, like solution-focused therapy, is a strength-based approach that assumes the inherent resiliency, creativity, and expertise in the supervisee. This model seeks to minimize issues of power between the supervisor and supervisee, to best help the supervisee become an autonomous professional. It uses many of the same techniques of solution focused therapy, with a strong emphasis on goal-setting, such that the supervisee understands the parameters upon which s/he will be evaluated as a supervisee. This presentation will provide techniques for integrating a solution-focused approach to setting up a supervision session, including how to establish a therapeutic alliance, how to use the interventions such as "miracle question" and "exceptions" and how to use the supervisee's insights and experience to set the tone of subsequent supervision and sessions with clients.
Author: Aaliyah Madyun, B.A. and Erika Duarte, PhD., LCSW
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish the characteristics in the role of the supervisor from the role of the supervisee.
- Identify five elements of a solution-focused approach that can be integrated into supervision.
- Differentiate between seven unique qualities of solution-focused therapy and solution-focused supervision.
- Recognize nine assumptions of solution-focused supervisions and apply them as practical guidelines.
- Apply the three main elements of cultural competence in the supervision relationship to promote multicultural awareness and understanding.
- Describe the limitation of a solution-focused approach with novice supervisees.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
- 3 hours toward the 6 hours of Supervision Training required for LMFTs and LCSWs who supervise associate MFTs
- 3 hours toward the 15 hours of Supervision Training required for LCSWs and MFTs who supervise ASWs
- 3 hours toward the 6 hours of Supervision Training required for California health professionals who supervise LPCC associates
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.