Clinical Supervision: Solution Focused Perspective Online Text-based Home Course (3 CE)
Solution-focused supervision, like solution-focused therapy, is a strength-based approach that assumes the inherent resiliency, creativity, and expertise in the supervisee. This model seeks to minimize issues of power between the supervisor and supervisee, to best help the supervisee become an autonomous professional. It uses many of the same techniques of solution focused therapy, with a strong emphasis on goal-setting, such that the supervisee understands the parameters upon which s/he will be evaluated as a supervisee. This presentation will provide techniques for integrating a solution-focused approach to setting up a supervision session, including how to establish a therapeutic alliance, how to use the interventions such as "miracle question" and "exceptions" and how to use the supervisee's insights and experience to set the tone of subsequent supervision and sessions with clients.
Author: Kevin Fitzsimmons, M.S.W., LCSW
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a solution-focused approach that can be integrated into supervision
- Identify the elements of a solution-focused approach that can be integrated into other models of supervision
- Know how to apply the techniques of a solution-focused approach in supervision
- Describe the limitation of a solution-focused approach with novice supervisees
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.