Clinical Application of EMDR Online Text-based Home Course (4 CE)
Clinical Application of EMDR:
This course provides a brief introduction to Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It explores the use of EMDR with trauma victims and provides suggestions for strengthening the therapeutic relationship, including attunement, language strategies, and overcoming potential barriers to the therapeutic alliance.
The course offers an introductory overview of the stages and phases of EMDR treatment, from treatment planning to active trauma processing.
The course addresses the use of EMDR as it related to specific populations, such as children, couples, and clients presenting with PTSD, depression, anxiety and eating disorders.
THIS COURSE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE TRAINING IN THE METHODOLOGY OF EMDR AND INFORMATION CONVEYED IN THE COURSE SHOULD NOT BE USED WITH CLIENTS UNLESS A THERAPIST HAS HAD TRAINING AND BEEN CERTIFIED BY THE EMDR INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
TO OBTAIN INFORMATION REGARDING TRAINING IN EMDR, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.emdria.org/
Author: Rocio Hernandez, Ph.D., LMFT, LPCC
Target Audience: Introductory and Intermediate; LMFTs, Social Workers, LPCCs, Nurses, Substance Abuse Counselors, and other mental health clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the appropriateness of using EMDR with clients.
- Build a therapeutic relationship that is sufficiently safe for trauma processing.
- Identify the stages of EMDR and EMDR protocol in a clinical setting.
- Adjust general EMDR techniques to different populations and disorders.
Advantages of taking Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses:
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.