Includes all the most current information available about this life-threatening illness affecting more and more families. Contents include: overview, current treatments, cultural issues, legal & ethical issues, counseling clients and their partners, friends and families as well as referrals to community resources for those affected by H.I.V. and A.I.D.S.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively with clients and professional colleagues on a range of social, psychological, interpersonal, and medical issues related to the care and treatment of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
2. Identify factors critical to the assessment of individuals at risk for the acquisition or transmission of HIV to determine appropriate counseling and intervention strategies.
3. Demonstrate a culturally-competent understanding of the impact of HIV on specific populations with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, and sexual orientation.
4. Identify and apply legal and ethical considerations with regard to treating clients with HIV/AIDS.
5. Utilize appropriate methods and skills for counseling clients with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS.
Save more by studying online! If you don't buy any printed material, you don't pay any tax or shipping charges.
Gerry Grossman Seminars is approved to offer Continuing Education courses for these licensing organizations.
Some of our courses may not be applicable to your organization.
It is your responsibility to determine which of our courses will satisfy your license renewal requirements.
CAMFT CEPA #133709. Course meets the qualifications for 7 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Gerry Grossman Seminars is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. Gerry Grossman Seminars maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
CCAPP (CE Provider #2N-08-123-0518 - check website for specific course material applicability)
California Registered Nurses (CE Provider #CEP14499 - check website for specific course material applicability)
California Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians - the Board accepts our Board of Nursing-approved courses. Check website for specific course material applicability
NADAAC (Provider #691 - check website for specific course material applicability)
NBCC: Gerry Grossman Seminars has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6363. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Gerry Grossman Seminars is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Texas MFTs (CE Provider #CS742 - check website for specific course material applicability)
Texas Social Workers (CE Provider #CS6781 - check website for specific course material applicability)
Washington MFTs, Counselors and Social Workers (check website for specific course material applicability)
Gerry Grossman Seminars
12304 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 214, Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 820-6322 | (800) 300-6322 | Fax: (310) 820-4432 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2016 Gerry Grossman Seminars
Gerry Grossman Seminars is in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Please email our Program Administrator to address your needs for special accommodations.