Affairs: Helping Couples Heal
Affairs represent a significant stressor in a couple's relationship. Affairs are one of the most commonly cited reasons why couples dissolve their relationships, and helping couples cope with affairs and discover the underlying dynamic that lead to the affair is an integral part of couples therapy. This presentation is designed to assist clinicians in working with couples that have been impacted by affairs.
The topics covered include the factors which contribute to affairs, such as workplace and online affairs, and precipitating dynamics with in the relationship. Treatment issues specific to the betrayed partner such as "post-infidelity stress disorder", coping with shattered expectations and expressing feelings are presented. Treatment issues related to the unfaithful partner are also described, including developing accountability and openness, contacting the former lover, and exploring the meaning of the affair. For those couples who decide to stay together, therapists also learn some clinical approaches for helping them to build trust and repairing the affair's impact on children.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Diffuse the immediacy of the conflict between the couple.
2. Facilitate exploration of the factors that led to the affair and the subsequent feelings of betrayal, depression etc.
3. Create manageable steps for the couple working through an affair.
4. Assist couples who are desirous of staying together in fostering a stronger relationship to help prevent future affairs.
See Table of Contents...
Provides 3 CE Hours
This price includes your $2.25 discount for ordering online!
Go back to course Listings
Why take Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses?
- Audio courses offer the convenience of study in your car or at home.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Printed materials for text-based courses available for a small fee.
- Read the course material here on our website or download for offline study.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California MFTs and LCSWs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
Save more by studying online! If you don't buy any printed material, you
don't pay any tax or shipping charges.
Gerry Grossman Seminars is approved to offer Continuing Education courses for these licensing organizations.
Some of our courses may not be applicable to your organization.
It is your responsibility to determine which of our courses will satisfy your license renewal requirements.
- CAADAC (CE Provider #2N-08-123-0515 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- California CE Provider #PCE1292. Course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Registered Nurses (CE Provider #CEP14499 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- California Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians - the Board accepts our Board of Nursing-approved courses. Check website for specific course material applicability
- NADAAC (Provider #691 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- NBCC (Provider #6363 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- Texas Social Workers (CE Provider #CS4486 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- Washington MFTs, Counselors and Social Workers (check website for specific course material applicability)