Includes all the most current information available about this life-threatening illness affecting more and more families. Contents include: overview, current treatments, cultural issues, legal & ethical issues, counseling clients and their partners, friends and families as well as referrals to community resources for those affected by H.I.V. and A.I.D.S.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively with clients and professional colleagues on a range of social, psychological, interpersonal, and medical issues related to the care and treatment of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
2. Identify factors critical to the assessment of individuals at risk for the acquisition or transmission of HIV to determine appropriate counseling and intervention strategies.
3. Demonstrate a culturally-competent understanding of the impact of HIV on specific populations with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, and sexual orientation.
4. Identify and apply legal and ethical considerations with regard to treating clients with HIV/AIDS.
5. Utilize appropriate methods and skills for counseling clients with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS.
This course satisfies the following California BBS Continuing Education requirements:
- All 7 hours of HIV/AIDS required for California MFTs
- All 7 hours of HIV/AIDS required for California LCSWs
- All 7 hours of HIV/AIDS required for California LPCCs
See Table of Contents...
Provides 7 CE Hours
This price includes your $5.25 discount for ordering online!
Go back to course Listings
Why take Gerry Grossman Seminars at-home CE courses?
- Audio courses offer the convenience of study in your car or at home.
- Video courses are filmed at live GGS classes and separated into segments of 30 minutes or less.
- Printed materials for text-based courses available for a small fee.
- Read the course material here on our website or download for offline study.
- Online courses offer the post-test online for instant course completion.
- You can repeat the post-test if you don't pass.
- Online courses are available to you immediately after purchase.
- California MFTs and LCSWs can fulfill 100% of their CE hours online.
Save more by studying online! If you don't buy any printed material, you
don't pay any tax or shipping charges.
Gerry Grossman Seminars is approved to offer Continuing Education courses for these licensing organizations.
Some of our courses may not be applicable to your organization.
It is your responsibility to determine which of our courses will satisfy your license renewal requirements.
- CAADAC (CE Provider #2N-08-123-0515 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- California CE Provider #PCE1292. Course meets the qualifications for 7 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Registered Nurses (CE Provider #CEP14499 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- California Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians - the Board accepts our Board of Nursing-approved courses. Check website for specific course material applicability
- NADAAC (Provider #691 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- NBCC (Provider #6363 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- Texas Social Workers (CE Provider #CS4486 - check website for specific course material applicability)
- Washington MFTs, Counselors and Social Workers (check website for specific course material applicability)